Recipe : Pork Kaldereta
I came from a family of good cooks. Not the professional-chef-like material but rather the good everyday food type. My grandma is the best cook I have known and though it takes my mom a little practice for her cooking to reach perfection, she certainly can make up a good meal. Likewise, all of my aunts and uncles are good cooks in their own ways. Ask around our little bario in batangas and they’ll confirm what I said.
I won’t claim that I inherited their secret powers in the kitchen. I didn’t. But I know how to cook everyday meal if the need arise. I mentioned in one of my previous posts that I had been doing some cooking here in Singapore. I don’t know anything fancy just the good old sinigang, pork steak, adobo, prito and torta. And I get by with these menu quiet well. Realizing that I am always stuck one lazy Saturday after another at home with nothing else better to do, I decided to try and learn more dishes. I asked my Ate Lala for two recipes when I went home for the Christmas holidays: kaldereta and menudo. And for this week, I cooked kaldereta. The end result is not that good yet (it’s too salty) but I think for a first try, it deserves a passing mark. Though that doesn’t really count because I cooked it and now I’m reviewing how it tasted. Hehehe… Nonetheless, I decided to post the recipe from my tita here. Maybe, somewhere in the corner of cyberspace, someone would find his / her way through this blog and try to cook caldereta this way.😉
1. Timplahan ang karne ng toyo at konting suka, ihalo ang pickles., Vetsin, paminta. Haluin at ibabad. ir-iran ng keso at hayaang nakababad ng ilang minuto.
2. maggisa ng bawang at sibuyas sa kawali na may margarin o butter.
3. Ilagay ang ulam na tinimplahan. Haluin at isangkutsa.
4. Lagyan ng tubig, katamtaman ang dami.
5. Lagyan ng tomato sauce at konting catsup. Pakuluan hanggang sa maluto. Tikman.
6. Pag ok na ang lasa, ilagay ang peanut butter at reno.
7. Haluin ng ayos at pag luto na ahunin.
Optional – Lagyan ng siling pula para medyo maanghang.